We envision a more diverse, inclusive, equitable field of practice.
Conferences don’t just reflect the communities they represent. They actively shape them.
Brain Traffic founded the Confab Equity Scholarship program to help build a more diverse, inclusive community far beyond our four days together each year. These scholarships allow us to expand the Confab audience to include people whose experiences are marginalized due to systemic oppression and exclusion.
For Confab 2023, we’re seeking organizations to act as sponsors and partners in our equity scholarship program. Learn more about becoming a Confab Equity Scholarship Program sponsor.
You are welcome to apply for a scholarship if you meet one or more of these criteria:
- You are a Black person
- You are a person of color
- You are an Indigenous person
- You have a disability
- You identify as LGBTQIA+
- You are experiencing a financial crisis
- You can articulate another way you are experiencing inequity
We ask that applicants be as explicit as possible about their needs and expectations to ensure they have a great experience at Confab. Applicants may request any of the following:
- A free conference pass
- Free attendance at workshops
- Lodging at the conference hotel
- Airfare or other travel costs
- Meals or meal stipends
- Translation services
- Special seating, AV, or other accommodations for disabilities
- Other accommodations (please specify in your application)
We award scholarships based on need, impact, and available funds. If we have more applications than scholarships, a diverse group of reviewers will assist in the selection process.
For more information
We aim to make Confab an inclusive place, and we would love for our community to be our accountability partners.
If you have any feedback about our scholarship process, please email scholarship manager Rosie Friedland.