Bringing businesses together with content
When someone has to arrange a funeral, there is a lot to do. They could be overwhelmed, worried, nervous about getting it wrong, or determined to sort things their way. It’s our job, as content designers, to make things easier for people. That’s not just helping someone arrange the funeral, but making sure people understand all the legal and admin jobs too.
The legal services arm of Co-op Funeralcare offers probate, and Co-op Funeralcare is a different entity that arranges funerals. Although they’re both Co-op businesses, they operate separately—but you rarely need one without the other, so it makes sense to bring the two businesses closer together. And where better to start than with content?
In this talk, Helen will explain how her company increased click-through rates by 66%, sales by 35%, and saved Co-op £300,000 a year by:
- Understanding the customer’s journey when they’re arranging a funeral
- analysing user touch points and existing processes
- making legal content clear and accessible
- creating a unified voice across business units – even on the phone
- putting content where the customer needs it
Learn how they saved money, they made money, but more importantly they helped the user to quickly understand what they needed to do. The team did all this by taking the content to the user and not relying on a “destination page.”